OPEN POSITION POSTING
ZOB AIR ROUTE TRAFFIC CONTROL CENTER
EVENTS COORDINATOR (EC)
* Reports to the ARTCC's Deputy Air Traffic Manager and the divisional Events Director (VATUSA5)
* Maintains an online presence on the VATSIM network
* Functions as VATUSA staff member and attends periodic meetings to report on ARTCC
* Coordinates with divisional and neighboring ARTCCâ€™s for event support and planning purposes
* Acts as the primary liaison between virtual aviation organizations and the ARTCC
* Develops ideas for events which promote the ARTCC, potentially including but not limited to member gatherings, group flights, and fly-in/fly-out events.
* Provides for coordination of position assignments and position restrictions when necessary.
*Develops and distributes marketing material (graphics, news posts, forum posts, etc) to promote events and the ARTCC.
* Must be available for regular correspondence (via the primary means of e-mail), as well as routinely checking
VATUSA forums and other outlets for official notices.
The successful candidate:
* Must have at least a Senior Student rating.
* Must control at least the minimum number of hours required by the ARTCC facility policy to maintain active
* Must be an active member of the network in good standing.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
Highly Desired Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will:
* Possess a high degree of energy and commitment appropriate to the requirements of the position.
* Set an example as an active controller both during events and normal daily operations. The best leaders lead by
* Demonstrate at a minimum the qualities of understanding, patience, maturity and when necessary, restraint.
* Understand and commit to a high level of participation with the knowledge that the position requires
considerable devotion and commitment of time.
* Experience and certification within the ARTCC is a plus. Candidates currently active on the roster will be given
* Have no significant disciplinary history or record of unprofessional behavior.
Candidates can expect an initial evaluation of their application after which they may be contacted for a interview.
Applications should include:
* Full Name, active e-mail, and VATSIM CID
* Relevant experience
* Short summary of plans and vision for the facility as related to the events program.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT EDT, 01/15/2018
Please send applications, along with a brief explanation of your plans and vision for the facility, to Charles Messina, Air Traffic Manager at: ATM@ClevelandCenter.org
OPEN POSITION POSTING